2017WHC handbook cover.png
The 2017 World Hydropower Congress Handbook is the essential guide to the event, including full details of the programme, speakers, venue, facilities and study tours.
The handbook also includes special features on hydropower and interconnections in Africa, sustainable development, long-distance transmission and risk management.
More than just an event guide, the handbook is a directory of experts on a range of hydropower topics. It features:
- Forewords by Ethiopia's minister for water, irrigation and electricity, African Union commssioner for infrastructure and energy, UNECA executive secretary, IHA chief executive, GEIDCO chairman, and World Bank Group vice president for sustainable development
- Profiles of over 100 speakers participating in the congress
- An overview of each and every session, with a background to topics
- Special topic feature articles
- Details of post-congress study tours, which visit some of Africa's technical developments and cultural sites
- Information about the range of organisations involved in creating the congress
- Venue maps and floor plans
- General information for delegates