Accounts and Administrative Assistant
- Remuneration: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (plus benefits), depending on experience. We may pay a higher salary for a well-qualified candidate.
- Contract: Full-time or part-time*, permanent
- Location: Sutton, Surrey
- Closing date for applications: 31 March 2020
Governments around the world have committed to make the transition to renewable energy. This will not be possible without the flexibility and consistency that sustainable hydropower brings to the renewable energy mix. In fact, to meet climate targets and the SDGs, the International Renewable Agency (IRENA) estimates that the world will need another 1,000 GW of hydropower installed capacity in the next 30 years. This is equivalent to the amount which has been built in the last 70 years.
The International Hydropower Association (IHA) is the international voice of sustainable hydropower. It seeks to help governments, companies, financial institutions and NGOs deliver this transition. It is a non-profit membership organisation which works with its members and partners to build and share knowledge on hydropower’s role in renewable energy systems, responsible freshwater management and climate change solutions.
We are now seeking someone to provide administrative support to the CFO/HR Manager, and potentially to other business units.
* Consideration may be given to applicants seeking a part-time role, in which case the above remuneration reflects the full-time equivalent salary range and the scope of the duties below may be revised.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Checking and coding customer invoices, supplier invoices and staff expenses
- Arranging authorisation and payment of supplier invoices and staff expenses
- Maintaining cash books, sales ledger and purchase ledger
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Various other balance sheet reconciliations
- Expense analyses
- Credit control
- Update accounting system daily for payments/receipts, supplier/customer invoices
- Dealing with general queries, investigating discrepancies
- Helping with the onboarding of new starters
- Entering new starters on to HR system
- Coordinating staff appraisals
- Assisting with visa applications
- Updating staff guidance and policies
- Providing administrative support to some external committees exploring issues of hydropower sustainability
- Coordinating and providing logistical support to hydropower sustainability training courses
- Handling enquiries from those who express an interest to receiving hydropower sustainability training
- Ensuring accredited assessors’ licence agreements and certificates are filed and up to date
- Updating and maintaining various filing systems, including accredited assessors’ licence agreements and certificates
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Proven accounting experience
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competence in MS Office and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Ability to perform general clerical and record-keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organised
- Excellent English
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining how your skills and attributes align with the role. The letter should also confirm your eligibility to work in the UK. These documents should be sent by email: email@example.com.
NB. Due to large volume of applications we cannot always contact all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 10 days from 31 March, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.