- Remuneration: £38-45k + benefits
- Hours per week: 37.5 (Monday to Friday)
- Contract: Permanent
- Location: Canary Wharf, London (with international travel)
- Closing date for applications: 23 August 2020
The International Hydropower Association (IHA) is a non-profit international membership organisation, whose mission is to deliver renewable energy systems, freshwater management and climate change solutions by advancing sustainable hydropower.
We are the voice of sustainable hydropower internationally. As part of that, we organise a programme of events and host the World Hydropower Congress every two years. This high-level event brings together leaders from government, industry, finance, UN agencies, academia and civil society to chart a course for the future of the hydropower sector.
As Conference Manager you will play a key role in ensuring the success of our biennial World Hydropower Congress (next congress due in Sept 2021) and other IHA events. The job will involve the following key tasks and responsibilities:
- Structuring congress, conference and webinar programmes, and leading on a logistical and business model fit for a post-Covid environment.
- Identifying high-level, influential industry experts and ensuring their participation.
- Input into compelling communications plans, writing copy to promote the events and maximise delegate attendance.
- Project management: creation of project plans, co-ordination of all internal teams to ensure the events are delivered on time and in budget.
- Overseeing the events onsite or online including some on-stage facilitation.
- Building and maintaining relationships with speakers, suppliers, sponsors and partner organisations and identifying and leveraging opportunities for creating new partnerships.
- Producing regular progress reports for senior management and the IHA Board.
- Engage with stakeholders, send invitations and manage responses and general enquiries.
- Event management: from initial planning through to the delivery, liaising with PCOs, venues, production and registration companies etc.
- Speaker management.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Clear strategic thinker and astute political judge.
- Innovative and enterprising problem solver.
- Strong experience in managing high-profile international events.
- Demonstrable knowledge, and ideally experience of running, virtual, hybrid (online/live) and face-to-face international events.
- Excellent organiser with ability to manage multiple priorities and streams of work.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record in project management and financial acumen.
- Sound knowledge of VIP protocol.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and CRM skills
Desirable skills and attributes:
- Additional language(s), ideally Spanish.
- Strong digital and social media capabilities.
- Ability to identify opportunities and links to strategic objectives.
- Understanding of energy, water and climate topics.
- Confident, personable and professional.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Cvent platform
- Previous knowledge of non profits /membership associations
Candidates should send their CV and a cover letter explaining how their experience, skills and attributes align with the role. The letter should also confirm their eligibility to work in the UK and willingness to travel internationally if required. These documents should be sent by email to: email@example.com
Please include the following text in the subject of the email: ‘IHA Conference Manager application’.
IHA is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and it is our policy to treat all existing employees and all job applicants in the same way without discrimination.
Please note that due to the number of applications we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates.