Executive workshop | Innovation in hydropower financing
|Date:||Mon, 02/05/2018 - 09:30 to 17:00|
King & Spalding LLP
125 Old Broad St, London
Download the presentations given during the following panel discussions:
Developing greenfield hydropower projects: overcoming the big challenges
Identification and early promotion of sustainable hydropower projects
Green and climate bonds: what do they mean for hydropower?
A range of financial instruments and funding sources are available to help manage and mitigate a hydropower project’s risk across the different stages of its development.
This executive workshop was designed to improve understanding of these solutions among decision-makers in the hydropower and finance sectors.
International experts and senior executives from the hydropower and banking sectors exchanged experiences of strategies in project financing. The workshop also provided an opportunity to discuss project preparation and the development of bespoke facilities to accelerate the deployment of sustainable hydropower worldwide.
- Andre Abadie, Managing Director and global head of Environmental and Social Risk, JP Morgan Chase & Co
- Yann Coïc, Financial engineering manager, EDF Hydro
- Anna Creed, Head of Standards, Climate Bonds Initiative
- Ole Gran, Senior Vice President, Project Finance & Advisory, DNB Bank
- Pravin Karki, Global Lead, Hydropower and Dams, The World Bank
- Petr Konstantinov, Associate Director & Senior Banker, Energy, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Jason Lu, Head, Global Infrastructure Facility
- Kelly Malone, Partner and Global Head for Power, King & Spalding LLP
- Gil Maranhão Neto, Chief Strategy Officer, Engie Brasil
- Seung Myun Lee, Senior Private Sector Investment Specialist, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Paul Kunert, Chief Executive Officer, Joule Africa
- Gregory Scopelitis, Senior Associate Director - Power & Advisory, Mizuho Bank
- Richard Taylor, CEO, International Hydropower Association