A new multi-partner initiative supported by the International Hydropower Association (IHA) aims to agree common research and innovation priorities for the hydropower sector in Europe.
Hydropower Europe is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme to provide a forum for the European hydropower community and representatives active throughout the sector’s value-chain, including industry, researchers, policy makers, end users and academia.
The Hydropower Europe initiative will begin consultation with the European hydropower community through a series of online and face to face meetings, including regional workshops to develop the research and innovation agenda and technology roadmap.
The initiative is led by the International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD) along with the following partners:
- European Association for Storage of Energy (EASE)
- European Renewable Energy Federation
- European Renewable Energy Federation (EREF)
- Association of European Renewable Energy Research Centres (EUREC)
- International Hydropower Association (IHA)
- VGB PowerTech
News from Hydropower Europe: