• Remuneration: £22,000 - £24,500 based on experience + benefits (pro-rata)
• Hours per week: 37.5 (Monday to Friday)/ part time considered
• Contract: 6 months with option of extension
• Location: Canary Wharf, London / hybrid
• Closing date for applications: 3 July 2022
• Interviews: will take place w/c 11 July 2022
The International Hydropower Association (IHA) is a non-profit international membership organisation, whose mission is to deliver renewable energy systems, freshwater management and climate change solutions by advancing sustainable hydropower. Our close to 100 members, including developers, operators and manufacturers, represent one third of global hydropower installed capacity. We work with industry, governments, civil society, multilateral institutions and the financial community. Our Board comprises influential industry representatives, a former head of government and a leading former United Nations diplomat.
We believe that internships serve an important social function in giving promising individuals an opportunity to get relevant and motivating, hands-on working experience.
As an Intern in the Stakeholder Engagement Team, you will play an important supporting role in the success of our membership and stakeholder relations strategies. Your development will be important to us, and you can expect to be given ample opportunities to challenge yourself with different tasks and support roles. You will report to the Membership Officer and work closely with the Deputy CEO and key members of the team. The job will involve the following key tasks and responsibilities:
• Support efforts to grow the membership base, including attending and following up meetings with potential members together with the Deputy CEO.
• Assist in the creation and production of materials and communications, both towards our members and towards external audiences;
• Assist with the gathering, compilation and checking of information for leads and contacts of potential members;
• Assist in progressing short-listed opportunities to a successful conclusion, including being responsible for updating their progression in real time in the stakeholder relations management software;
• Assist in preparing research and professional documentation prior to meetings, missions and events;
• Support events, webinars and other outward-facing initiatives;
• Create monthly reports on campaigns and progress from the stakeholder relations management software.
• Assist with onboarding and managing users on Hydropower Pro, our online platform for the sustainable hydropower community.
• Highlight and engage with member posts on social media and on Hydropower Pro.
• Assist in the preparation of papers to the IHA Board and its Committees. You will be encouraged to attend these meetings (virtually) and may be asked to assist with the minuting.
• Monitor and action on general enquiries (email and calls)
Essential skills and attributes:
• Strong drive to make the most of this opportunity and a can-do attitude to new challenges.
• Degree-level education (all fields). Priority will be given to candidates who can demonstrably show that they are solution-oriented;
• Excellent written communication skills. Strong verbal, organisational and interpersonal skills are also key.
• Ability to work independently and be entrepreneurial with attention to detail.
• Ability to produce reports in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel;
• Ability to adapt to a busy environment, managing and prioritising competing deadlines.
Desirable skills and attributes:
• Interest in the energy sector, climate change, sustainability and/or stakeholder relations;
• Voluntary or working experience in advocacy, journalism, education, communications, marketing, sales or similar.
• Additional language(s), for ex: Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish.
• Working knowledge of Adobe design software, in particular InDesign;
• Experience in using a CRM/SRM system.
• Demonstrable experience in using social media to promote concepts or organisations will be welcome but not prioritised.
25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays (pro-rata)
Flexible working hours and working conditions
Option to join UK pension scheme with 3% employer contribution
Closing date for applications: 3 July 2022
To apply candidates should send their CV and a cover letter explaining how their experience, skills and attributes align with the role. The letter should also confirm their eligibility to work in the UK and proposed start date. These documents should be sent by email to: email@example.com
Please include the following text in the subject of the email: ‘IHA Stakeholder Engagement Team Intern application’.
IHA is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and it is our policy to treat all existing employees and all job applicants in the same way without discrimination.
Please note that due to the number of applications we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates.