IHA knowledge networks
As an IHA member, whether an employee of a member company or an individual member, you can participate in one of our knowledge networks.
IHA knowledge networks bring together hydropower professionals from throughout our membership to share ideas and experiences, discuss new developments and collaborate on a range of topics of mutual interest.
How to participate
We currently facilitate knowledge networks covering the following hydropower topics:
- Asset management
- Clean energy systems
- Climate mitigation
- Climate resilience
- Finance and investment
- Hydropower benefits
- Regional interconnections
- River basin development
- Sediment management
- Water footprint
Who can join?
Knowledge networks are open to anyone who is an employee of an IHA corporate member or an individual member of IHA.
How you benefit
The networks provide an opportunity to participate in knowledge advancement for sustainable hydropower by building and sharing solutions to common problems.
As a network member, you will gain access to people in the global hydropower community who face similar technical and political challenges in different regions of the world.
The various collaboration activities also offer you the chance to raise your profile and advance your professional development by showcasing successful initiatives or examples of good practice to the community.
How the networks operate
Activities offered may vary between different knowledge networks. Core activities will typically include:
- the development of policy briefings, tools, guidelines and resources
- a forum to discuss and influence regional and international policy impacting the sector
- the dissemination of knowledge through IHA’s products, including statistics and surveys
- the sharing of international experiences and ideas through case studies highlighting good practice
- webinars, with opportunities to participate and learn from international experts
- high-level and technical workshops.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.