Water-energy nexus and opportunities on the horizon for the global south
Watch the event live: https://gwec.net/cop-27-water-security-and-opportunities-on-the-horizon-for-the-global-south/
Time: 10:00am-11:00am (EET)
This event hosted by the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) explores the water, energy nexus that exists in regional mixes in Latin America, Africa and South East Asia.
This session will discuss the importance of hydropower in these regions and how hydropower can allow for the penetration of more renewable energy onto energy grids. Additionally, it will cover how the regions' renewable energy supply can be secured by investments in new technology, including long-duration energy storage, with a focus on issues of variability, grid flexibility and stability.
- Elbia Gannoum, CEO, Abeeolica
- Alfonso Blanco Bonilla, Executive Directore, OLADE
- Mohamad Irwan Aman, Head of Sustainability, Sarawak Energy Berhad
- Julia Souder, Long Duration Energy Storage Council
- Moderated by Alex Campbell, Head of Research and Policy, IHA