We are lucky to have a vibrant team of staff that is mainly based in our central office in London. We also have regional offices in China and Brazil.
If you work for us, you become part of a highly connected international organisation, working with members and partners active in over 100 countries to advance sustainable hydropower.
Business Development Officer
- Remuneration: 30k-35k GBP (depending on previous experience)
- Hours per week: 37.5 (Monday to Friday)
- Contract: Permanent
- Location: Sutton, London (with some international travel)
- Closing date for applications: 5 March 2018
The International Hydropower Association (IHA) is a non-profit organisation, working with a network of members and partners throughout the world.
Our mission is to advance sustainable hydropower. With our members and partners, we build and share knowledge on the role of hydropower - the world’s largest source of renewable energy - in responding to energy, water and climate challenges.
Our programme of work covers topics such as: clean energy systems; green finance; climate mitigation, resilience and adaptation; regional interconnections; water footprint; and sediment management.
Every two years, we host the World Hydropower Congress, a high-level event that brings together leaders from government, industry, finance, UN agencies, academia and civil society to chart a course for the future of the hydropower sector.
As Business Development Officer you will play an important role in structuring retention and growth activities for the association and help us develop our membership services offering.
You will support client relationship management and marketing strategies for the association. You will be part of a successful and growing organisation that works with leading energy corporations and institutions around the world.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, you will work closely with our operations and work programme teams to identify and convert leads and opportunities for members, always ensuring that we deliver the highest level of service and value to our community.
- Assist with the gathering, compilation and checking of information for leads and contacts;
- Assist in progressing short-list opportunities to a successful conclusion;
- Take primary responsibility for maintaining the contacts and leads database;
- Prepare research prior to meetings, missions and events;
- Speak with clients to validate information and identify opportunities;
- Assist in the creation and production of client-facing materials and communications;
- Support events and other marketing/BD initiatives, projects and pitches;
- Create monthly reports on campaigns and progress.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Degree-level education and at least two years’ experience in a similar or relevant professional role;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Commercial awareness;
- Ability to produce reports in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel;
- Strong interpersonal skills, but able to work independently and perform under pressure;
- Ability to adapt to a busy environment, managing and prioritising competing deadlines.
Desirable skills and attributes:
- Business development experience;
- Experience in using a CRM system;
- Knowledge of the energy sector and/or experience working with high-level executives;
- Working knowledge of Adobe design software, in particular InDesign;
- Willingness to travel internationally if required;
- Additional language(s), for ex: Chinese, Spanish, French or Russian.
IHA is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Candidates should send their CV and a cover letter explaining how their experience, skills and attributes align with the role. The letter should also confirm your eligibility to work in the UK and your willingness to travel internationally if required. These documents should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following text in the subject of the email: ‘IHA Business Development Officer application’.