The 2016 Hydropower Status Report provides a comprehensive overview of recent development and trends in the sector around the world.
The report includes:
- An overview of regional trends, highlighting new capacity added in 2015
- Detailed regional analysis of new capacity installations, projects in the pipeline, and policy development
- Maps and data visualisations of deployment, generation, potentials, and more
- A new map and infographic on the deployment of pumped storage worldwide
- A selection of country profiles where significant activity is taking place
- Updates and case studies on key topics including climate resilience, hydropower finance, resettlement and indigenous people
The report is driven by our hydropower database of the world's hydropower stations and companies, built in collaboration with regulators, ministries and electricity associations, as well as the world’s station owners and operators.