2013 IHA Board election results
We are pleased to announce the result of the 2013 IHA Board elections. Over the recent weeks, our members were encouraged to participate in the voting to select their 18 preferred candidates to form the IHA Board for the period to October 2015.
Following the deadline for receiving completed ballot forms, the votes have been counted and witnessed by the association’s auditor. The list below indicates the elected candidates.
- Israel Phiri – hydropower consultant
- Segomoco Martin Scheppers – senior general manager, ESKOM
- Ken Adams – senior vice president, power supply, Manitoba Hydro
- Colin Clark – chief technical officer, Brookfield Renewal Energy Group
- Marie-Anne Sauvé – manager, government and institutional affairs, Hydro-Québec
- Gil Maranhão Neto – director of business development, GDF Suez Brasil
- Mario Lucio Ozelame – assistant to the executive technical director, Itaipu Binacional
West and Central Asia
- Rasim Khaziakhmetov – director on technology policy, JSC RusHydro
East Asia and Oceania
- Roy Adair – chairman and managing director, Sustainable Energy Services PTY Ltd
- Roger Gill – principal consultant and managing director, Hydro Focus Pty Ltd
- Lin Chuxue– executive vice president, China Three Gorges Corporation (CTG)
- Torstein Dale Sjøtveit – chief executive officer, Sarawak Energy Berhad
- Mr Jean-François Astolfi – senior executive vice president, hydropower generation and engineering division, EDF
- Prof Dr Dominik Godde – director, E.ON Kraftwerke GmbH
- Dr Roland Münch – president and CEO, Voith Hydro, member of Hydro Equipment Association (HEA)
- Ms Karin Seelos – vice president for international affairs power generation, Statkraft
- Mr Wolfgang Semper – executive vice president, Andritz Hydro, member of Hydro Equipment Association (HEA)
- Ms Elsbeth Tronstad – executive vice president responsible for strategy and CSER, SN Power Invest AS
The first meeting of the new Board will take place in London on 23-25 October 2013, where the Board will select the president and vice presidents for the period, and confirm the strategy and priorities for the association for the next two years.
We take this opportunity to thank our members for their participation in the voting process, and to congratulate the elected candidates. We look forward to working with the new Board members.