2017-2019 IHA Board election results
We are pleased to announce the result of the 2017-2019 IHA Board elections. Over recent weeks, our members were encouraged to vote for their 18 preferred candidates, who will form the IHA Board for the period up to September 2019.
Following the deadlines for receiving completed ballot forms, the votes have now been counted and witnessed by the association’s auditor.
The list below indicates the elected candidates according to the regions they represent.
- Mr Moisés Machava – executive director, Hidroelétrica de Cahora Bassa
- Mr Segomoco Scheppers – senior general manager, Eskom
America – North and Central
- Mr Ken Adams - independent consultant
- Ms Christine Cantin - senior advisor, Hydro-Québec
- Mr Colin Clark - chief technical officer, Brookfield Renewable
America – South
- Mr Gil Maranhão Neto - chief strategy, communications and CSR officer, Engie Brasil
- Mr Luiz Fernando Leone Vianna - director general, Brazil, Itaipu Binacional
Asia 1 (south and central)
- Mr Awadh Giri - founder and CEO, HydrofE3
- Mr Evgeniy Tikhonov - strategy and development director, EuroSibEnergo JSC
Asia 2 (east and Pacific)
- Ms Tammy Chu - Entura managing director, Hydro Tasmania
- Mr Roger Gill - independent consultant
- Mr Lin Chuxue - executive vice president, China Three Gorges Corporation
- Mr Sharbini Suhaili - group CEO, Sarawak Energy Berhad
- Mr Antoine Badinier - deputy vice president, hydropower generation and engineering division, EDF
- Mr Tron Engebrethsen - senior vice president, Statkraft AS
- Mr Yves Rannou - president and CEO, GE Renewable Energy
- Dr Óli Grétar Blöndal Sveinsson – executive vice president, research and development, Landsvirkjun
- Mr Uwe Wehnhardt – president and CEO, Voith Hydro
The first meeting of the new Board will take place in London on 20-21 September 2017, where the Board will select the president and vice presidents for the 2017-2019 period, and confirm the strategy and priorities for the association over the next two years.
We take this opportunity to thank our members for their participation in the voting process, and to congratulate the elected candidates. We look forward to working with our new Board members.