Webinar: sustainable technology integration towards 100 per cent renewable energy
On Tuesday 1 July at 12.00 to 13.30 GMT, we are teaming up with our REN Alliance partners and the International Renewbable Energy Agency (IRENA) to host a webinar on renewables integration.
The webinar will explore how 100 per cent renewable energy supply is possible based on case studies demonstrating how the technologies work together, and discuss the real costs of renewable energy.
You can sign up for the webinar here. The agenda will include:
- Introduction: the way to a 100 per cent renewable energy future
- Case studies – renewable technologies integrated
- Wind energy in combination with hydro energy
- Geothermal energy combined with hydro and solar energy
- Renewable energy : the true costs
- Concluding remarks: renewables working together
- General discussion and questions with audience
The speakers include:
- Stefan Gsänger: secretary general of the World Wind Energy Association
- Marietta Sander: executive director of the International Geothermal Association
- Oliver Griffiths: programme director, hydropower development, International Hydropower Association
- Michael Taylor: analyst, renewable energy cost status and outlook at IRENA
- Karin Haara: executive director of the World Bioenergy Association
This webinar follows a side event the REN Alliance partners held at the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Bonn Climate Change Conference 2014 on 11 June.
The REN Alliance provides a combined voice for renewable energy technology and practice. We were one of its founding members at the Bonn 2004 Renewable Energy Conference along with the
International Geothermal Association (IGA), International Solar Energy Society (ISES), World Wind Energy Association (WWEA) and World Bioenergy Association (WBA).
IRENA is an intergovernmental organisation that supports countries in their transition to a sustainable energy future, and serves as the principal platform for international cooperation, a centre of excellence, and a repository of policy, technology, resource and financial knowledge on renewable energy.