World Hydropower Congress Report (2019)
The Report on the 2019 World Hydropower Congress is a comprehensive account of the world's most important gathering of hydropower decision-makers, experts and innovators.
More than 750 delegates from a record 77 countries participated in the three-day event in Paris, 14-16 May 2019, representing industry, government, social and environmental NGOs, academia, finance and multilateral institutions.
Two-hundred speakers addressed 40 focused sessions and workshops on topics such as sustainability, climate resilience, data solutions, working with indigenous communities and supporting growth in other renewables.
In this report you will find:
- Outcomes of discussions and proposed priorities for action
- Session reports on Clean Energy Systems and Modernisation; Sustainability and Strategic Planning; and Climate Change and Resilience
- Regional sessions reports on Europe, Africa, North America, South & Central America, Latin America, East Asia & Pacific
- Workshop reports on Sediment Management, Climate Change Resilience Guide, Preparing operation and maintenance strategies, Sustainability assessment tools, Hydropower benefit sharing and the Francophone workshop on sustainability and good practices
- Summary of the opening and closing sessions
Visit the World Hydropower Congress website.