Beijing Forum on Hydropower and Future Energy Systems
|Date:||Mon, 05/21/2018 to Tue, 05/22/2018|
What policy and business strategies can accompany the development of clean energy systems at the local, regional and international levels?
If the world is to meet the global objectives set to address climate change and keep global temperature rise to well below 2°C above pre-industrial levels, the power sector will have to be decarbonised. This transition involves a fundamental transformation of the way societies supply, distribute and use energy. The ultimate goal is ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
As part of the event series leading up to the 2019 World Hydropower Congress in Paris, IHA's Beijing Forum on Hydropower and Future Energy Systems aims to progress understanding of technical, business and policy aspects of the energy transition, with a focus on renewable energy systems, and the role of hydropower in supporting this transition.
International policy-makers and experts with experience in planning and developing small and large-scale energy systems will discuss outcomes and lessons learned from recent projects as well as current initiatives.
- Zhang Ye, President, China Society for Hydropower Engineering
- Richard Taylor, CEO, International Hydropower Association
- Blanca Jimenez-Cisneros, Director, Water Sciences, UNESCO
- Paulo Maranhao, Advisor to the CEO, Itaipu Binacional
- Chen Sunjiao, Vice-President, China Development Bank
- Pravin Karki, Lead, Hydropower & Dams, World Bank Group
- Stephen Lewis, CEO, Voith Hydro China
- Christian Pluess, Head of BU Generation, Alpiq
- Lin Mingshan, Chairman of the Board, State Grid Xin Yuan
- Maryse François, Technical leader, GE
- Antoine Badinier, Vice-President, Hydro, EDF
- Yang Yongjiang, Senior Advisor, China Society for Hydropower Engineering
- Roland Roesch, Deputy Director, IRENA Technology Centre
- Edgardo Calderon, Secretary General, Central American Electrical Interconnection System
- Nick Wright, Vice-President, Sarawak Energy Bhd.
- Khulman Ghising, Managing Director, Nepalese Electricity Authority
- Bruno Kapandji, Minister, Agency for the Development and Promotion of Grand Inga
- Moises Machava, Director, Eletrica de Cahora Bassa
- Mosad Elmissiry, Senior Energy Advisor, NEPAD
For more information on the forum, download the programme.
To enquire about registration or exhibition and sponsorship, email Greg Tracz, Chief Development Officer, at email@example.com