Nexus solutions for climate-resilient water, energy, food and environment security: lessons learned from the ground
Time: 11:50 - 12:50 (EET)
This event is hosted by GIZ on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), Republic of Tajikistan, IFPRI, International Initiative Water and Energy for Food, BGR, KfW Development Bank, International Hydropower Association and ITAIPU Binacional. The event will feature experiences and examples of water-energy-food-environment nexus planning and implementation in different countries.
The session advocates for a cross-sectoral, coordinated effort that brings together a holistic management of natural resources with stakeholder needs and innovations, while enabling financial and political support opportunities. It will showcase how to create strong team play between governments, international organizations, local authorities, civil society, and the private sector to scale local to global capacities, take collective action, and mobilize resources towards water and energy secure and resilient countries and agri-food systems.
- Mr. Daler Juma, Ministry of Energy and Water Resources Tajikistan, Minister
- Mr.Jamshed Shoimzoda, Ministry of Energy and Water Resources Tajikistan, First Deputy Minister
- Mr. Eddie Rich, International Hydropower Association, Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Alex Campbell, International Hydropower Association, Head of Research & Policy
- Mr. Ariel Scheffer da Silva, Itaipu Binacional, Head of Environmental management
- Ms. Christiane Ehringhaus, KfW Development Bank, Senior Sector Economist
- Mr. Samuel Wanderi Rigu, SafiOrganics
- Ms. Claudia Ringler-Nguyen, International Food Policy Research Institute, Deputy Division Director
- Ms. Julia Weatherhogg, UNFCCC
- Ms. Makena Ireri, CLASP
- Mr. Seleshi Bekele, Gov of Ethiopia, Ambassador