2022 World Hydropower Outlook – trends, challenges and solutions in North America
Building on the findings of the International Hydropower Association's (IHA's) 2022 Hydropower Status Report, IHA is arranging a webinar series with a regional focus on hydropower trends, challenges and solutions.
The first webinar in the series will focus on North America, where hydropower is a mature technology, but there continues to be a wealth of untapped potential for new build, both at greenfield sites and by powering existing non-powered dams.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Hear first-hand the trends in hydropower development and potential in North America and what it means for their organisation
- Identify common challenges and to discuss policy, regulatory and market issues affecting hydropower with experts and peers
- Share experiences and inform NHA, WaterPower Canada and IHA’s advocacy with policymakers and financial institutions
- Connect with IHA members and other organisations in the sector.
- Chair: Pablo Valverde, Deputy CEO, IHA
- Debbie Gray, Climate Policy Manager, IHA
- Carolina Rinfret, CEO, WaterPower Canada
- Malcolm Woolf, National Hydropower Association
- Herbie Johnson, General Manager, Southern Company
- Chris McMonagle, Global Business Development, Bechtel
- Lars Erik Maurud, Partner, PA Consulting