2023 World Hydropower Congress
The 2023 World Hydropower Congress will bring together over 1,000 leading decision-makers, innovators and experts from industry, government, finance, civil society and academia.
Knowledge sharing, capacity building and stakeholder dialogue are at the heart of this high-level biennial event which is organised by the International Hydropower Association (IHA).
The 2023 World Hydropower Congress will take place on 31 October - 2 November under the theme 'Powering Sustainable Growth', and under the leadership of Indonesian President Joko Widodo. It will be held in partnership with the Government of the Republic of Indonesia and the state electricity provider PLN.
As the leading global event for decision-makers within and outside the hydropower industry, the World Hydropower Congress is more than just a platform for discussion. Its deliverables in 2023 will include:
- Reaching consensus on policy and finance recommendations for advancing the clean energy transition to deliver COP28
- Breaking down barriers to the development of renewables by advancing policy and investment-driven solutions
- Demonstrating how complementary renewable technologies can be harnessed to fast-track the shift away from coal
- Highlighting the immense untapped hydropower potential that exists in many regions of the world, particularly Asia and Africa
- Business and networking opportunities for industry.