Climate resilience and the effective management of risk in the hydropower sector
|Date:||Mon, 05/14/2018 to Tue, 05/15/2018|
|Location:||Mexico City, Mexico|
The workshop on 'Climate resilience and the effective management of risk in the hydropower sector' will take place during the Understanding Risk Forum organised by the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR). This two-day event will take place in Mexico City from 14-15 May 2018 and has been jointly organised with the Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre.
The workshop will cover the technical, financial and humanitarian aspects of risks in the hydropower sector, with a focus on exploring best practices for turning risk into improved decision-making. It will bring an opportunity for useful collaboration between hydropower and insurance professionals, development agencies, and academic specialists to enhance the understanding risks management, disaster preparedness, as well as building resilience.
- Jemilah Mahmood, Under Secretary-General, IFRC
- Jessica Susana Rodriguez Aguilar, Director Renewable Energy, Energy Secretariat Government of Mexico
- David Green, Director of Earth Science Disaster Programme, NASA
- John Hardling, Head Climate Risk & Early Warning Systems (CREWS) Secretariat, WMO
- Jacobo Mekler, President, Mexican Hydropower Association
- Iván Rodríguez, Manager Hydropower Generation, Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE)
- Mohamad Irwan Aman, Senior Manager (Sustainability), Sarawak Energy Berhad
- Diana Vázquez, Infrastructure Program Director, TNC
- Raúl Alfaro-Pelico, Lead Climate Change Specialist, World Bank
- Paul Davies, Chief Meteorologist, UK Met Office
- Emily Wilkinson, Senior Research Fellow Risk and Resilience, Oversee Development Institute (ODI)
- Richard Hinton, Spatial Analysis Manager, George Washington University
- Pablo Suárez, Associate Director for Research and Innovation, RCRCCC
- Catalina Jaime, Senior Risk Adviser, RCRCCC
- Cristina Díez, Analyst, IHA
- María Ubierna, Senior Analyst, IHA
The below presentations from the workshop are available to members only. If you are an IHA member, please contact María Ubierna at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the password.
For more information on the workshop, download the programme.
For more information on the Understanding Risk Forum, visit the organiser's website.
To enquire about the event, email María Ubierna, Senior Analyst, at email@example.com