Hydropower: the Caspian and Central Asia, Tbilisi
An international congress “Hydropower: The Caspian and Central Asia” takes place 14-15 February in Tbilisi, Georgia, and is a professional platform for high-level participants to discuss key topics to guide the course for hydropower construction and operation in the Caspian and Central Asia region.
High-profile speakers will discuss the changing role of hydropower in the energy mix and the benefits of interconnections beyond national borders. Participants will review initiatives and commitments and discuss action priorities that enable better hydro.
- It is an exclusive, invitation only, forum for heads of delegations. It includes representatives from sponsor and partner organisations, and gives participants an opportunity to launch and report on their own initiatives, through special sessions and side-events.
- Presentation of 40+ projects for the greenfield construction and modernization of large, small and medium HPPs in the Caspian and Central Asia region (Turkey, Armenia, Iran, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Tajikistan, Kirgizia and Kazakhstan);
- Business meets Ministers of Energy regarding the international cooperation that will enable better hydro;
- Meetings with investors, who will discuss how the early understanding and management of sustainability can remove barriers to investment;
- Round tables: the opportunity to discuss the most pressing issues facing hydropower (projects financing, ecological safety and technology innovations). The congress includes high-level plenary discussions as well as focused specialist sessions.
For more information, please visit the organiser's website.