REN Alliance Webinar | A New Momentum for Climate Change Mitigation: Renewables Working Together
28 June 2021, 13:00 Central European Summer Time
REN Alliance's Webinar, A New Momentum for Climate Change, is an event focused on discussing recent findings on how the world can reach its climate goals and limit the effects of global warming
Following the new US administration being elected to office, china committing to becoming climate neutral by 2060, the European Green Deal and a strong social climate movement being active around the globe, several reports have been released capitalising on global momentum to mitigate the effects of climate change.
At the webinar, representatives IRENA, IEA and REN21 will present their latest key reports which include scenarios on how the world can reach its climate goals and keep global warming at 1,5°C. In response, the REN Alliance partners, representing the renewable energy practitioners, will comment on the findings of the organisations, and highlight what needs to be done from the practitioners’ viewpoints, e.g. on policies/legal frameworks, innovation, socioeconomic development or sustainability standards.
– Hon. Peter Rae AO, REN Alliance/WWEA: Welcome and Introduction
– Rana Adib, REN21: The Renewables Global Status Report
– Dr. Paolo Frankl, International Energy Agency IEA: Net Zero by 2050: A Roadmap for the Global Energy Sector
– Dr. Ricardo Gorini, IRENA: World Energy Transitions Outlook: 1.5°C Pathway
– Dr. Marit Brommer, International Geothermal Association
– Eddie Rich, International Hydropower Association
– Dr. David Renne, International Solar Energy Society
– Christian Rakos, World Bioenergy Association
– Stefan Gsänger, World Wind Energy Association