Water & Energy interactions: strategic challenges to territorial development
This conference aims to be a transition from the 6th Marseilles World Water Forum in 2012 to the next one (March 2015 in Daegu, South Korea), and will also bridge with the COP 21 meeting (December 2015 in Paris, France).
Thus, it sets itself into the preparatory process of the 7th World Water Forum and intends to showcase local authorities’ international involvement on these strategic issues.
The conference objectives are:
- To reach out to international actors and to make decisions upon strategic issues with respect to regulatory policy frameworks;
- To shed light on strategic local projects and know-how, such as the Greater Lyon Authority region, Rhone river – Mediterranean and Corsican Water Authority and many others;
- To make the case for territorial development (competitiveness and attractiveness) and local economic development, which are at a crossroads for any major prospects for growth; and
- To improve scientific recognition, dissemination and uses of communications on projects.
- To formalise the progresses made so far as regards policies and strategies related to water and energy issues
- To exchange on technical and governance solutions / innovations