Africa High-level Sustainable Hydropower Roundtable
|Date:||Thu, 02/06/2020 - 09:00 to 15:45|
|Location:||Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire|
The Africa High-level Sustainable Hydropower Roundtable will gather a broad spectrum of expertise and opinion from government, business and civil society to discuss how to enhance hydropower as a sustainable energy source. It is organised by the International Hydropower Association and the African Development Bank, with the support of the French Development Agency.
High-level governmental officials, representatives from financing institutions, civil society and the private sector will discuss the challenges to advance sustainable hydropower in the region, present case examples and address how to move forward.
It will discuss in detail project development, access to finance, international good practice and African regional interconnectivity.
- Hon. Fortune Chasi, Minister of Energy, Zimbabwe
- Wale Shonibare, Act. Vice President Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth Complex, African Development Bank
- Lamu Audu, CEO, Mainstream Energy Solutions
- Moisés Machava, Executive Director of HCB, Mozambique, Hidroélectrica de Cahora Bassa
- Anton‐Louis Olivier, CEO, Renewable Energy Holdings
- Jean‐Pierre Barral, Director, Energy and Digital Transitions Department, French Development Agency
- Roger Gill, President, International Hydropower Association
- Jianming Wang, Deputy Director African Regional Office, Global Energy Interconnection Development and Cooperation Organization (GEIDCO)
Entry is by invitation only. For further enquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.